Susan represents all parties including children, vulnerable adults, prospective adopters and local authorities, as well as extended family members. Her knowledge and approach to cases is enhanced by her substantial experience sitting as a tribunal judge, particularly in cases involving immigration, social security or human rights issues.
She has particular expertise in the following areas:
- Serious injuries to children; infant death and near fatal injuries
- Complex neglect/emotional abuse
- Sexual abuse of children, she has extensive experience of representing child and adult victims of inter-familial and/or generational abuse – leading junior in three week High Court sexual abuse case involving 4 generations
- Fabricated illness and other complex medical injury cases
- Complex private law proceedings; representation of rule 9.5 Guardians and parents
- Adoption, Special Guardianship and Wardship
- Forced marriage
What the directories say
2019: “Her approach to a case is always reassuring and she’s always exceptionally prepared.” “She is a very effective advocate.”
2018: “She is very well respected by judges and other lawyers. If she makes a point in a case she is listened to because she is never known for saying things for the sake of it”
2017: “She is a very balanced lawyer; in court she is an excellent judge of when to press forward and when to hold back. She is very caring towards clients and gives excellent advice.”
2016: “An excellent all-rounder, who is very experienced and empathetic with clients.”
2016: “She will fight her corner but she’s a realistic advocate.”
2015: “An experienced junior respected by her peers for her work representing guardians, parents and local authorities in some of the most serious public children law cases."
A v SM & anor  EWHC 435 (Fam) – Forced marriage Case heard by Baker J which included consideration of applications for forced marriage protection orders under Part 4A of the Family Law Act.
London Borough of Haringey v S  1 FLR 387,  EWHC 2001 (Fam)
8 year old Angolan child accused of witchcraft involving serious physical and emotional abuse. Concurrent criminal proceedings. ( EWCA Crim 749,  2 Cr App R (S) 87)
A (A Child : Flawed Placement Application)  EWFC B2 (10 January 2020) - Susan George successfully defends placement application
Susan George has successfully defended a placement application on behalf of Child A’s father. ...