Denise is a Family Law practitioner specialising in the law relating to children with a particular focus on complex public and private law children cases appearing in all levels of court including the High Court and Court of Appeal. She also specialises in adoption (including inter-country adoption), Wardship/inherent jurisdiction and Court of Protection matters.
Children (Public Law)
Denise has extensive experience and is regularly instructed by Local Authorities, parents, guardians and separate representation of competent children. She regularly appears in complex cases involving fact-finding hearings. Denise has particular expertise in the following:
- Sexual abuse including cases involving children who are alleged abusers;
- Physical harm including Female genital mutilation;
- Non-accidental injury including head injury cases;
- Care proceedings involving concurrent criminal proceedings such as child cruelty, neglect and sex offences;
- Cases with an International or cultural dimension a suspected trafficked children;
- Serious emotional abuse and chronic neglect cases;
- Fabricated induced illness
Denise regularly acts for teenage parents, when they are both the subject child and teenage parent respondent; parents with learning disabilities or mental health problems including through the Official Solicitor. She is instructed in cases which requires the cross examination of a child or vulnerable adult. Denise has also been instructed where there has been a death of a child.
Notable cases in public children law in which Denise has acted include:
Children (Private Law)
Denise regularly acts in private law cases primarily acting for 16.4 guardians and the separate representation of competent children. She appears in complex private law matters which involve fact finding such as physical harm. She has acted in cases with international elements.
International Family Law
Denise acts or advises in cases involving international adoption and abductions cases.
- Notable Cases