We offer a full range of services dedicated to providing clients with the highest level of advice, representation and advocacy. Our members are skilled in both international work as well as domestic claims. We are able to work with a full range of clients and financial circumstances: from those with high net worth portfolios, complex business and trust arrangements, assets in other jurisdictions, assets acquired pre-marriage or by inheritance, farming disputes, through to modest asset cases.
At 1GC|Family Law we also recognise that one approach is not right for every client. We have members spanning all levels of call who are trained in financial mediation, arbitration and early neutral evaluation as alternatives to litigation.
Our specialist practice areas include:
- Financial claims on divorce
- Property claims on relationship breakdown between unmarried partners
- Free-standing financial claims for children
- Child maintenance through the Child Maintenance Service
- Challenging wills
- Making claims against the estate of a deceased person
Particular areas of expertise include:
- Jurisdictional issues and cross-border enforcement
- Prevention of dissipation of assets, including freezing injunctions
- Off-shore assets
- Complex trust and pension arrangements
- Third party claims Enforcement of orders
Our members pride themselves in being able to offer a comprehensive, integrated service in both financial disputes and those regarding welfare arrangements for children.
Our members contribute to leading publications such as Halsbury’s Laws, Butterworths Civil Court Precedents, Family Law, Family Law Week, The Review and the Family Law Journal. They also regularly provide lectures and seminars in all areas of family finance.
A number of the members co-wrote the successful handbook ‘Applications under Schedule 1 to the Children Act 1989’. Simon Sugar is also co-author of ‘Unlocking Matrimonial Assets on Divorce’, now in its third edition.