Jessica practices in family law and in applications to the Court of Protection. She has a wealth of experience in all areas of family law: private law cases, matrimonial finance, public law and adoption.
- Private law disputes involving arrangements for children: Representing parents, grandparents and the children. Particularly experienced with cases of implacable hostility between parents
- Pre-nuptial agreements. Drafting and advisory work
- All areas of matrimonial finance cases; ancillary relief, matrimonial injunctions and cohabitation disputes
- Care and adoption cases. Experienced in representing local authorities, parents, Guardians and taking instructions via the Official Solicitor
- Public law cases have included non-accidental injuries, fictitious illness, sexual abuse, and other complex cases
- Applications under the inherent jurisdiction in respect of children and persons under disability
- Child abduction applications to remove from the jurisdiction (convention and non-convention countries)
- Advising same sex couples regarding surrogacy, adoption and residence/contact disputes
- Experience of representing clients with learning difficulties and special needs at all court levels; including up to the Court of Appeal
- Experienced in leave to remove from the jurisdiction applications
- Experienced in all aspects of applications to the Court of Protection.
Children (private law)
Children (public law)
Court of Protection
Court of Protection
Family finance & property
- Jessica was the Member of Parliament for Erewash 2010 – 2015, and Parliamentary Secretary to the Attorney General, Dominic Grieve QC MP.
- Whilst in Parliament Jessica was able to raise awareness on important issues of family law, holding debates on issues such as updating the law on surrogacy and adoption reforms.
- Jessica was Chairman of the All Party Parliamentary Group for pro bono and opened the family law pro bono law clinic at BPP Law School in 2013.
- Jessica is a Trustee of The Children’s Society.
- Jessica was made a Fellow of the Westminster Abbey Institute in 2015, following completion of the Fellows’ Programme. Her course mentor was The Rt. Hon. The Baroness Elizabeth Butler-Sloss GBE PC.
- Jessica is an approved advocacy trainer through Middle Temple. She teaches advocacy to pupils and students of the Inn.
- Jessica is an elected member of the Middle Temple Hall Committee.
H (Children)  EWCA Civ 115
E, A and L (Children)  EWHC B22 (Fam)
G (A Child), Re Court of Appeal (Civil Division) 31 October 2012  EWCA Civ 1377
A Council v B (Children) (Fact-finding: Adoptive Child: Artificial Insemination) Family Division, 08 March 2012  EWHC 4241 (Fam);  2 F.L.R. 1229
S v. S  All ER (D) 182